The witches trail, La Neuveville
“La Neuveville has a holiday feel to it and encourages you to take a walk. It was the theme path about witches that encouraged me to discover the mysteries of the town, the secrets of the plants, the scents, the trees, the rocks and the water. Although it is steep and a bit tough to begin with, walking among the vines, enjoying a wonderful view, discovering a hidden and bewitching waterfall are just some of the elements that make this a beautiful spectacle with a hint of mystery.”
Itinerary: La Neuveville
Duration: 3 hrs
Distance: 4.4 km
Gradient: about 120 m
The start is steep but the path is still easy. However it is recommended that you wear good walking shoes.
Good to know
- There is parking close to the SBB rail way station
- The educational brochure dedicated to this walk can be found in the brochure "La Neuveville : city walks" and is available in French, German and English.
- Magnificent views of Lake Biel and St. Peter’s Island where J.-J. Rousseau stayed. It's well worth doing a boat trip.
- Wines and cellars: a visit is particularly recommended.
- Boat trips on Lake Biel are a must. There are many boats leaving from La Neuveville.
- The history museum of La Neuveville is worth a visit.
- The guided tour of La Neuveville for groups is very popular.
DownloadPlan | PDF, 303 kB
Hiking trails | PDF, 6.38 MB
Jura bernois Tourisme
La Neuveville et région
Rue du Marché 4
2520 La Neuveville
T. +41 (0) 32 751 49 49